Using the ILLiad Interlibrary Loan System
Go to https://illiad.uindy.edu/illiad/logon.html and use your UINDY username and password to login to the ILLiad system.
- To register for a UINDY email account go to http://accounts.uindy.edu/ or contact the Help Desk at 317-788-6145
- If your UINDY username and password is not working, contact the help desk at 317-788-6145 or visit the Help Desk in Sease Wing 103.
First Time Registration
The first time you login to ILLiad system you will need to fill out a New User Registration Form. You'll be asked for the following info:
- Your first and last name
- Method of preferred notification when your materials arrive (email or phone).
- An email address. This address must be a UINDY email address (email@example.com) . To ensure proper notification when materials arrive we cannot accept any other email address. Click here to learn how to forward your UIndy email to another email account.
- Mailing address and phone number
- Status and department
Click the submit button when you have completed the form. You will be returned to the form in any information is incomplete.
After you register you will come to the ILLiad Main Menu. This is also the screen you will receive the next time you login. From this Main Menu you will be able to use the links on the left to place your requests.
- Each link will bring up a request form.
- Use the "Article/Photocopy" link for journal articles, newspaper articles, conference papers, etc.
- Use the "Book" link for books, thesis, etc.
- Use the "Audio/Visual Material" link for Cds, DVDs, video cassettes, etc.
- Use the "Microfilm/Microfiche" link for whole reels of newspapers, books on film, etc.
- You will be asked to enter citation information. Please provide as much information as possible to ensure that your request will be filled.
- On each form there is also a space to provide us with any other information that might help us fill your request.
- Hit the submit button when you have completed the form. You will be returned to the form if any information is incomplete.
Tracking and Renewing Your ILL Requests
From the Main Menu you will also be able to track the status of your current requests, view and download electronically received articles, submit renewal requests, keep track of loan due dates, view your past request history, and resubmit any cancelled requests. For more detailed information on renewals and viewing/downlowding electronic requests click here.
Editing Personal Information
From the Main Menu you will also be able to update or change any of your personal information. Click on the "Change User Information" link to access your registration form. Make and updates and changes and click the "Submit Information" button. You will be returned to the form if any required information is missing.
If there are any questions, please feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Interlibrary Loan staff at (317) 788-3402 during the following hours:
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.