Document Delivery for Distance Learning Students
What Is Document Delivery
The Document Delivery Service at the University of Indianapolis provides access
to print materials which are available in the Krannert Memorial Library. Requests can be submitted using the ILLiad Interlibrary Loan System. Instructions on how to use ILLiad can be found here. Currently we can not provide access to other institutions books.
Who May Use Document Delivery
- Students must live outside of greater Indianapolis area.
- Students must be currently enrolled in programs that offer distance learning classes or participating in a clinical or internship. Students must register their ILLiad account as "Distance Ed Grad".
- All users must have a valid University of Indianapolis account. To register for a UINDY email account go to http://accounts.uindy.edu/ or contact the Help Desk at 317-788-6145.
- All students' qualifications will be checked before requests are processed. If you have questions about your eligibility for Document Delivery send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Interlibrary Loan staff at (317) 788-3402.
How to Request Materials
Doucment Delivery requests are submitted through the ILLiad Interlibrary Loan System. Instructions on how to use ILLiad can be found here.
How Will Materials be Delivered and Returned
- Article requests will be delivered electronically to your ILLiad account. For each item you order you will receive an email telling you that the material is available and how to retrieve the material.
- Book requests will be mailed directly to the address provided on the borrower's ILLiad account. Books for graduate students will have a six week check out period and can be renewed through your library account. You can logon to your library account at the Krannert Library homepage.
- The borrower is responsible for all return shipping costs and the cost of any materials lost in the shipping process. We suggest you use a delivery service that will allow you to track the package.
If there are any questions, please feel free to send an email to email@example.com or contact the Interlibrary Loan staff at (317) 788-3402 during the following
Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00