Requesting From Library Databases Using ILLiad
You will be able to request articles and books directly from any library database by following a few simple steps.
- After you do your search and determine what item you would like, click on the red Get It! button.
- A new window will open and in this window you will find any links to full text access for the journal.
- If no online full text is available, click on the "Check Holdings in Your Library Catalog" to see if there are print issues of the journal.
- If no full text links show up and if there is no print access, you can then click on the "Request this Item" button to request the article through Interlibrary Loan.
- After you click on this link you will be asked to log in to the ILLiad system using your UIndy username and password.
- An ILLiad request form will pop up. Please check that all the citation information has transferred over. You can also add any notes to help us better fill your request.
- If you have not registered with ILLiad, you will be taken to the ILLiad Registration form. For information on registration please go to "Using the ILLiad Interlibrary Loan System".
- After you have registered, an ILLiad request form will pop up.
- After you have finished checking the request, hit the submit button.
- You can go back to your database search and repeat the process.
If there are any questions, please feel free to send an email to email@example.com or contact the Interlibrary Loan staff at (317) 788-3402 during the following hours:
Monday - Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm